Balsamic vinegrette --- yum!


I love salad. I have always loved salad. And being Italian, I like vinegrette on my salad (although I would never say no to bleu cheese). I have been making my own vinegrette for years now. Not only is it better for you, with no HFCS or preservatives, but it costs pennies on the dollar and can be whipped together with pantry staples in no time flat.


This is my standard, go to vinegrette receipe. Note that I like my vinegrette to be very tart. You may find that you prefer the standard 3-1, oil to acid ratio instead of this very tart version. If so, add a bit more oil to your taste.


Julie's 3 Vinegar Vinegrette

1 T Dijon mustard
1 clove garlic, minced
1 T parmesan cheese (optional)
1/4 C balsamic vinegar
1/8 C red wine vinegar
1/8 C rice wine vinegar
3/4 C olive oil
1 t seasoned salt, or salt and pepper to taste

All all ingredients to a glass or other sealed jar. Shake well to combine.

As usual, I ran my recipe thru a nurtitional analyzer. It comes up at about the same number of calories as regular bottled balsamic (I used Wishbone as a baseline) but is 64% lower in sodium and contains no sugar. What more can you ask for?

1 comments:

nessi said...

Yummy!! I will be making this for myself tomorrow!! Thanks

Post a Comment